19th February 2016
News & Current Affairs
- Which phone manufacturer is resisting calls from the FBI to decrypt data on the phone of gunman Syed Rizwan Farook?
- Who left Twitter this week to escape the "tragic people" who disapproved of him describing Jenny Beavan as dressing like a "bag lady" at the BAFTA awards ceremony?
- London teacher Colin Hegarty has made the shortlist of the 10 top teachers in the Varkey Foundation's Global Teacher Prize - what subject does he teach?
- Which UK supermarket has seen high sales of a Wonky Veg Box - enough that they expect to sell 10 000 a year?
- The city of Hamburg has issued advice against the "Kaffeekapselmaschine" on environmental grounds - what is it in English?
- The Kellogg company was founded on 19th Feb 1906 - in what colour does the name appear in their logo?
Country of the week: Hungary
- The flag of Hungary contains stripes in which three colours?
- Which Hungarian invention was awarded the UK's Toy of the Year award in 1980 and again in 1982?
- What was invented by the Hungarian László Bíró?
- What is the name of Kanga's son in Winnie the Pooh?
- With which sport would you associate Michael Jordan?
- By what name is the furcula, the Y-shaped bone in birds, better known?
- Which of these counties is in Scotland: Armagh, Dorset or Sutherland?
- If you're driving in Germany and see a sign saying "Licht!", what should you turn on?
Who said that?
- “We have to have a wall. We have to have a border. And in that wall we’re going to have a big fat door where people can come into the country, but they have to come in legally.”
- "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
- "I am whatever you say I am; if I wasn't, then why would you say I am?"
This week's quiz is brought to you by the letter O:
- What does the O stand for in OCD?
- Beginning with O, which band released tracks titled "Don't Look Back in Anger" and "Little by Little"?
- In the original citrus flavour of Five Alive, which of the five fruits began with O?
Name the link between the following:
- Which modern art gallery was the only gallery in the UK to get more visitors in 2012 than the National Gallery?
- What nationality was Louis Pasteur, the 19th century scientist and inventor?
- Which is the only chess piece which always ends a turn on the same colour of square that it started on?
- Where in London would you find The Cenotaph, a street synonymous with government departments?