12th February 2016 - knowledge.fail
12th February 2016
News & Current Affairs
- How many celebrities have withdrawn from Channel 4's The Jump so far this year due to physical injury: 3, 5 or 7?
- The Grand Prix award at digital technology summit Netexplo was this year won by a prosthetic arm which offers attachments to which popular toy?
- Which of the following won't be presenting on Top Gear when it returns to BBC later this year: Matt Baker, Sabine Schmitz or Eddie Jordan?
- Given the choice, which has Chris Froome said he'd rather win: Tour de France or Olympics?
- At the Broadcast Awards on Wednesday, which station was named Channel of the Year, also winning best popular factual programme for The Secret Life Of 4 Year Olds?
- Which country hosted the 2010 Winter Olympics, which started on 12th Feb?
This week's country: Peru
- Which two colours appear on the flag of Peru?
- Which of Peru's official languages is spoken by 84.1% of the population?
- Which Peruvian bear is famous for his duffle coat and his love of marmalade?
- A major rival to Intel and Nvidia, by what name is Advanced Micro Devices better known?
- Which is higher: the number of sides on a nonagon or the number of balls in 8-ball pool (also known as spots and stripes)?
- Where would you be using if you dealt with acorns, leaves, hearts and bells?
- Which song, released in 1997, has the alternative title, "Love Theme from Titanic"?
- What is the main alcoholic drink in a Cosmopolitan cocktail (by volume)?
True or False?
- St Valentine is the patron saint of love, beekeeping and fainting.
- Valentines Day accounts for over a third of annual flower sales in the UK.
- In the US, Valentines Day sees the second highest level of card sales for a celebration, after Christmas.
Beginning with J...
- Which one-word band released Don't Stop Believing in 1981?
- In 2014, which was the second-most popular baby name in the UK, beaten only by Oliver?
- What is the surname of the former English rugby captain, who led the team to victory in the 2003 World Cup?
Name the link between the following:
- Which English word comes from the Greenlandic word qajaq, used to describe a type of small boat?
- In which year was the first website, info.cern.ch, published?
- Beginning with C, which model of car, made by Honda, fits in the size class between the Jazz and the Accord?
- Which publication, of French origin, is the world's best-selling fashion magazine?