5th February 2016
News & Current Affairs
- Which TV show, originally presented by Jeremy Clarkson before Craig Charles took over, will return to screens, this time fronted by Dara O'Briain and Angela Scanlon?
- Which major tech company has acquired AI firm SwiftKey, known for its keyboard app and for being behind software used in Prof Stephen Hawking's wheelchair?
- According to research by the Office for National Statistics, which age group is happiest in the UK: 20 - 35, 40-59 or 65-79?
- The deep-sea creature Xenoturbella is said to resemble a discarded sock of which colour?
- Taiwanese artist Chen Forng-shean claims to have created the world's smallest sculpture of which animal to celebrate the Chinese New Year?
- On 5th Feb 1649 Charles II became king of Scotland. Who did he succeed in this role?
- ... is a Cameroonian footballer who played for Chelsea then Everton before moving to Italy, and currently plays in Turkey?
- ... was a painter and inventor, and co-created a method of sending messages as a series of long and short signals?
- ... published "A Dictionary of the English Language" on 15th April 1755?
- Boxing Day bank holiday will be on a Monday this year - on which day of the week will the Christmas Day bank holiday fall?
- In Greek mythology, who was the father of Icarus, who built the labyrinth in Crete to house the Minotaur?
- Whose 2005 album featured songs with the titles, "Don't You Want Me", "The Pink Panther" and "Who Let the Frog Out"?
- Which was broadcast first: Fawlty Towers or Last of the Summer Wine?
- In which month does the RHS Chelsea Flower Show take place?
Country of the Week: Cuba
- Which three colours appear on the flag of Cuba?
- Which side of the road ought you to drive on in Cuba?
- Which has a higher population: Cuba or London?
The letter H
- Which of Snow White's seven dwarves has a name beginning with H?
- Which chemical element has the symbol H?
- Beginning with H, what name is given to the computer system used in sports such including tennis, Gaelic football, hurling and badminton to visually track the trajectory of the ball?
Name the link between the following:
- In the US board game Clue, the character who takes the place of Dr. Black in the UK version, Cluedo, is Mr. who?
- Famous examples of which type of structure include the Rialto in Venice, the Tower in London and the Golden Gate in San Francisco?
- In tennis, which part of the racquet makes contact with the ball?
- What is an alternative name for the shoelace knot, which might also be used to secure a necktie while wearing a dinner jacket?