29th January 2016 - knowledge.fail
29th January 2016
News & Current Affairs
- In this year's update, which doll will come in four body shapes, seven skin colours and 24 hairstyles?
- An artificial intelligence programme has beaten the European champion at which strategy game?
- What has a school in Darlington asked parents to do before dropping their children off at school?
- In a move revealed by industry magazine The Grocer, which major producer of ice cream is set to introduce a 250-calorie cap on all its single-portion ice creams?
- What is "Big Boy", the largest of his kind to be handed in for venom-milking in the Australia Reptile Park?
- Which is the UK's highest military decoration, awarded for valour in the face of the enemy, and established on 29th Jan 1856?
Name the song
- "You're beautiful, that's for sure // You'll never ever fade"
- "And the last known survivor // Stalks his prey in the night"
- "Ducks say quack and fish go blub, and the seal goes OW OW OW"
Questions on San Marino
- Which are the main two colours on the flag of San Marino?
- What is the official language of San Marino?
- Which two European countries are smaller than San Marino?
- According to Benjamin Franklin the two things certain in this world are death and what?
- American Idol contestant Adam Lambert is currently touring with members of which band, even if he wasn't quite the champion of the 8th series?
- The England national football team is the joint-oldest in the world, alongside which other team?
- True or false: more than half of the UK's cities are in England?
- Which fictional family has members Gomez, Morticia, Pugsley, a servant Lurch, and a disembodied hand Thing?
Letter of the Week: U
- Which chemical element has the symbol U?
- Which word represents the letter U in the NATO Phonetic Alphabet?
- What does the U in UEFA stand for?
Name the link between the following:
- Of where was John Montagu an Earl in the 18th Century, famed for eating two slices of bread with a filling, in order to avoid leaving the gaming table?
- Which future version of the Samsung Galaxy smartphone may have had details leaked this week?
- What did 3,706 people do with pillows in Butlins on 14th November 2008 to get into the Guinness Book of Records? (The current record stands at 3,813 people, set in Chicago.)
- Which Volkswagen car, whose name appears in the NATO phonetic alphabet, has been marketed as the Volkswagen Rabbit in the US and Canada and the Volkswagen Caribe in Mexico?