22nd January 2016 - knowledge.fail
22nd January 2016
News & Current Affairs
- Which TV duo have picked up the most popular presenter award at the National Television Awards for the fifteenth year in a row?
- Which football team has been identified by Deloitte as the world's richest for the 11th year running?
- Which website has announced it will close after 16 years, leaving one less place for its owners to get back in touch should they ever lose contact?
- Which band have started the happy new year by getting back together to take a chance on opening a restaurant in Stockholm?
- Asylum seekers in Middlesbrough are to have their doors repainted from what colour in an attempt to reduce the chance of racist attacks?
- Evo Morales, who took office on 23rd Jan 2006, is president of which South American country?
The Letter S
- Which Pro 12 rugby team has a name beginning with S?
- Which of the seven deadly sins begins with S?
- Which Pevensie sibling from the Chronicles of Narnia has a name beginning with S?
Country of the Week: Iceland
- Which colours appear on the flag of Iceland?
- What is the capital of Iceland?
- Which Icelander, son of Erik the Red, is often considered to have been the first European to reach North America?
- Which British athlete won the gold medal for triple jump at the 2000 Sydney Olympics, having won silver in 1996 at Atlanta?
- Which is higher: the number of IKEA stores in the UK, or the number of properties on a Monopoly board?
- Which is further north: the Tropic of Cancer or the Tropic of Capricorn?
- What is a pangram, of which this very bad joke of a quiz question is an example?
- Who are Monty, Willow and Holly, who appeared alongside Daniel Craig in a video for the 2012 London Olympics?
Which films, when their names are translated through a series of languages by an online translator, give the following?
- Star Wars VII: in order to facilitate Group detergent
(en -> et -> th -> sv -> no -> hi -> ar -> cs -> fa -> es -> cy -> lv -> vi -> mt -> da -> pl -> en)
- Black Knight added.
(en -> lv -> ar -> no -> fa -> sv -> mt -> vi -> da -> hi -> cs -> th -> en)
- The game simulation
(en -> et -> no -> es -> vi -> da -> cy -> fa -> ar -> lv -> cs -> hi -> th -> en)
Name the link between the following:
- In military tradition, the bugle call which ends the day's activities is called the Last what?
- Introduced by Iomega in 1994, which type of computer disk had capacities at launch of 100MB, later rising to as much as 750MB?
- If you throw a bowling ball down a lane, what are you trying to hit?
- What was the surname of the TV detective Endeavour, whose sidekick was Robert Lewis?