18th December 2015
News & Current Affairs
- Where did Briton Tim Peake arrive at the end of his six-hour flight this week?
- What will be given a special coating in Hackney to discourage peeing in the street?
- Which mobile app has the NHS hooked up with to try to encourage more organ donations?
- Which TV show had seven of the ten most-watched episodes of 2015?
- Which country has the UN named as the nicest country to live in for the 12th year running?
- What was abolished in Great Britain by the Murder Act 1965, made permanent on 18th Dec 1969?
Which famous Christmas songs are anagrams of the following?
- Abs Tan Bay
- Deletes a Mini Town
- My Mr Everyday Boxers
This week's letter: G
- Which US state begins with G?
- Which sign of the zodiac begins with G?
- Which of Disney's Seven Dwarves has a name beginning with G?
- Which band is the only artist to have held UK Christmas Number Ones in three consecutive years, between 1996-1998?
- Which is the largest planet in the solar system, by both mass and volume?
- Appointed for a period of five years, which adventurer and TV presenter is the current Chief Scout?
- Which artist painted the ceiling of the Sistene Chapel, which includes the work "The Creation of Adam" as one of a series of nine images from Genesis?
- In which country were the first Christmas cards commissioned in May 1843?
Country of the Week: Guinea-Bissau
- What four colours appear on the flag of Guinea-Bissau?
- What is the official language of Guinea-Bissau?
- Is Guinea-Bissau on the east or the west coast of Africa?
Name the link between the following:
- Which series of comedy films features Inspector Jacques Clouseau solving crimes, which have included the disappearance of a large pink diamond?
- Which British car manufacturer has current models including XE, XF and F-type?
- Who is the world's best-paid golfer, earning $50m in endorsements in 2014?
- The scientific name for a giraffe comes from its similarity in appearance to a cross between a camel, and which other animal?