11th December 2015 - knowledge.fail
11th December 2015
News & Current Affairs
- Which festive decoration have Ofcom listed as one of the items that may interfere with WiFi signals?
- Following Storm Desmond, what was the surprising find in Carlisle United's flooded goalmouth?
- Which secretive organisation has included a grid-shading puzzle in this year's Christmas card?
- In the BBC Music Awards, which ballad by Hozier won Song of the Year in the only public-voted award?
- Which four colours appear on the preliminary winner in the competition to choose New Zealand's new flag?
- On 11th Dec 1936, which English king saw his reign officially end following his abdication in order to marry Wallis Simpson?
Letter of the Week: T
- Which three-letter body part begins with T?
- Which is the only animal in the Chinese zodiac beginning with T?
- With the initials TT, what is the name of Bob Cratchit's poorly son in A Christmas Carol?
Country of the Week: Antigua and Barbuda
- Which symbol is shown in yellow on the flag of Antigua and Barbuda?
- What is the official language of Antigua and Barbuda?
- What is the national sport of Antigua and Barbuda?
- Which is longer, the River Thames or the River Trent?
- What proportion of the cheese (by volume) purchased in the UK is Cheddar cheese - 34%, 44% or 54%?
- Which song contains the lyrics, "Ripped gloves, raincoat // Tried to swim and stay afloat // Dry house, wet clothes"?
- Which emoji is the Oxford English Dictionary's word of 2015 - Winking Face, Confused Face, or Face with Tears of Joy?
- One of the only words that rhymes with purple, the Scottish word "hirple" means to walk in what fashion?
For which sports have the following been nominated in the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award?
- Lucy Armitstead
- Greg Rutherford
- Kevin Sinfield
Name the link between the following:
- Which Disney film franchise features the character Lightening McQueen, who makes friends with a tow truck called Mater?
- Which tool for smoothing wood has parts including a mouth, a depth adjustment knob and a frog?
- Which annual race, competed on the Thames, first took place on 10 June 1829, and has been competed annually (excluding WWI and WWII) since 1856?
- Which band released the songs "Hey Soul Sister" and "Drops of Jupiter"?