4th December 2015 - knowledge.fail
4th December 2015
News & Current Affairs
- Which company is set to reuse one of its old 747 planes to carry a satellite rocket towards space?
- Which UK supermarket has fallen out of the FTSE 100 after falling sales caused a drop in its share price?
- Trading standards have seized 15 000 of which futuristic item for being "unsafe"?
- Which sport is played by the team who won BT Sport's Action Woman 2015 award?
- What have students in Dundee designed in an attempt to help users reduce spending?
- On 4th Dec 1872, the American merchant ship Mary Celeste was found adrift, abandoned on which ocean?
Letter of the week: I
- Which chemical element has the symbol I?
- Beginning with I, what is the modern name for Constantinople?
- In Greek mythology, which I was the son of Daedalus, whose wings melted when he flew too close to the sun?
- Which of these isn't a railway station in Glasgow - Glasgow Central, Great Victoria Street or Queen Street?
- What shape are the faces of a regular icosahedron?
- What is sold in the world's largest building by floor area, with particularly high sales around Valentines Day and Mothers Day?
- Who's older - Jeremy Clarkson or Alan Titchmarsh?
- What nationality was the first man to float in space, attached to the craft by a 17-foot tether?
Name the song the following lyrics have been misheard from:
- Let's pee in the corner, let's pee in the spotlight
- And dream her parrot, parrot, parrot dies; parrot, parrot, parrot dies
- In Aberdeen I would die. Da ba dee da ba di
This week's country: Peru
- Which two colours feature on the flag of Peru?
- Which city is the capital of Peru?
- The vicugna is a national emblem of Peru - what is it? An animal, a flower or a fruit?
Name the link between the following:
- Which country is home to the world's northernmost capital?
- Victoria Christina Hesketh is better known by the stage name Little what, under which she released the song New in Town?
- Who was Chelsea's top Premier League goal scorer in the 2014-2015 season?
- What is the chemical formula for oxygen, as it exists at standard temperature and pressure?