27th November 2015
News & Current Affairs
- The head of which online giant has successfully launched a flight into space this week?
- BBC have announced their intention to move which TV channel online from February?
- US scientists say they have bred a genetically modified mosquito resistant to which disease?
- It's been announced that the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay will be demolished - which TV sitcom did it inspire?
- Which colour of book did John McDonnell quote from in Parliament this Wednesday?
- On 27th November 1895, which scientist wrote a will establishing awards in his own honour?
Which real-world Premier League teams are replaced by the following in Pro Evo Soccer 2016?
- Man Blue
- West Glamorgan City
- West Midlands Village
Country this week: The Netherlands
- Which three colours appear on the flag of the Netherlands?
- Which Dutch painter painted Vase with Fifteen Sunflowers and The Starry Night?
- Which two countries have borders that meet the Netherlands at the Drielandenpunt?
- Which BBC sitcom featured Mathew Horne and Joanna Page as a couple in a long-distance relationship?
- In which decade was the UK's first IKEA opened in Warrington?
- Which song (title and artist) included the lyrics, "One for the money and the free rides // It's two for the lie that you denied"?
- In computing, what does the V in VGA stand for?
- Which is furthest north: Dublin, Douglas or Manchester?
This week's letter: V
- Which sign of the zodiac begins with V?
- Name the Winter Olympics host city beginning with V.
- Which of Santa's reindeer has a name beginning with V?
Name the link between the following:
- Which ocean extends from Asia and Australia in the west to the Americas in the east?
- Which chemical element has the symbol Co?
- Which branch of the British Armed Forces got their final rum rations on 31st July 1970?
- Which band released the song Barbie Girl in 1997?