20th November 2015
News & Current Affairs
- Which precious stone has been found in Botswana, the largest of it's kind found in a century?
- Who's released a new entertainment system, Q, partly designed to rival Virgin Media's Tivo and BT's YouView?
- Bacteria resistant to the drug of last resort Colistin have been found in a study in which country?
- Which country opened a referendum this week which could see them replace their flag with one which doesn't contain the Union Flag?
- The skull of the animal that inspired which fictional character is to go on display in the Hunterian Museum in London?
- Who married Lieutenant Philip Mountbatten on 20th November 1947 at Westminster Abbey in London?
Name the actor/actress who starred in all three films:
- Maid in Manhattan (2002), Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005), Skyfall (2012)
- Driving Lessons (2006), Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007), Mama Mia! (2008),
- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005), Hot Fuzz (2007), Nativity! (2009)
Country of the week: Nepal
- Name the three colours on the flag of Nepal.
- What is the capital of Nepal?
- Which two large countries border Nepal?
- With "The Crown" and "Royal Oak" taking second and third place, which is the most popular name for a pub in England?
- Which song contains the lyrics "I like big butts and I can not lie // You other brothers can't deny"?
- Which is a kumquat most similar to in appearance: a banana, a lemon or an orange?
- Which company manufactures Sprite?
- Who is the oldest British Prime Minister still living?
This week's letter: D
- Which ex-Premier League team has a name beginning with D?
- Which US state begins with D?
- Which number is represented by the Roman numeral D?
Name the link between the following:
- Which character from the Where's Wally universe had a twin sister called Wenda?
- By what name is Brazilian footballer Frederico Chaves Guedes better known?
- Which name precedes Crocker to give a brand selling baking products such as cake mixes?
- Which named storm has been making its way around the UK this week?