30th October 2015 - knowledge.fail
30th October 2015
News & Current Affairs
- Headlines this week have highlighted the planned reversal of which Chinese policy, started in 1979?
- What did the IARC add to their list of causes of cancer this week?
- Boots Opticians have been banned from showing an advert for glasses designed to protect your eyes from what kind of light?
- The Office for National Statistics expects the UK population to reach which milestone in 2027?
- Which two teams will play in the Rugby World Cup final on Saturday?
- On 30th October 2005, Quebec voted to remain a part of which country?
Golf or Swimming - which sport do the following people play?
- Paul Casey
- Andy Sullivan
- Adam Peaty
Country of the week: France
- What colours appear on the French flag?
- What is the name of the French national holiday celebrated on 14th July?
- Which is the second most populous city in France?
- Which is further north: Cardiff or Cork?
- What type of animal is called a 'mouton' in French?
- What is stringozzi a type of?
- Who played King George VI in The King's Speech?
- Assuming the same rule for leap years applies as now, will 2234 be a leap year?
This week's letter: R
- Which US state begins with R?
- Beginning with R, which artist had a 2014 UK number one with "Me and My Broken Heart"?
- Name the three animals in the Chinese zodiac beginning with R.
Name the link between the following:
- Drumlin, Butte, Tor and Pingo are types of what landform?
- Which 1941 Orson Welles film is the third-best film according to Rotten Tomatoes?
- Structures providing steps over a fence or wall are known as what?
- The 1998 film in which Jim Carey's life is watched by the world is The ________ Show?