23rd October 2015 - knowledge.fail
23rd October 2015
News & Current Affairs
- Mark Price is rumoured to be leaving which supermarket after 22 years to become the head of Channel 4?
- Which band upset Belfast fans with a last-minute cancellation of their concert this week?
- Which Premier League player has scored nine goals in nine games so far this season?
- Which time-travel based film adventured to Wed 21st Oct 2015?
- Which name hasn't made the list for potential UK & Ireland storm names this year?
Desmond, Fiona, Frank or Imogen
- Apple released the iPod on 23rd October in which year?
Name the song and artist from the lyrics:
- "Standin' on your mama's porch // You told me it'd last forever"
- "A little bit of Jessica here I am // A little bit of you makes me your man"
- "That's a fact // It's a thing we can't deny // Like the fact that I will love you 'til I die"
Country of the Week: Suriname
- Which four colours appear on the flag of Suriname?
- What should you call someone from Suriname?
Surinami, Surinamese or Surinamish
- Which is the largest country that borders Suriname?
- Which animal was not a passenger in the first hot air balloon flight?
sheep, duck, pig or rooster
- If a month has a Friday 13th, which day did it start on?
- What would someone speaking Latin be eating if they had a "Pastillum botello fartum"?
an apple, a hot dog or fried octopus
- Which is the highest prime number under 1000?
- Which actor played Manuel in Fawlty Towers?
This week's quiz is brought to you by the letter... P
- Which chemical element has the symbol P?
- Which ex-Premier League team begins with P?
- Which sign of the zodiac begins with P?
Name the link between the following:
- Say what you see (word):
ANT ANT ANT ANT ANT ANT ANT ANT ANT ANT
- Almost five times as popular as the next name, what is the most common name used to sign up for a Facebook profile?
- Which Founding Father of the United States was a cousin of the second US President?
- In which year did Robert Hooke discover Jupiter's Great Red Spot?