25th September 2015
News & Current Affairs
- Which pharmaceutical company backtracked on a 5000% price increase for one of its drugs this week?
- A photograph of a government document has revealed investigations into the privatization of which TV broadcaster?
- Which of these is not recognised as a sport by Sport England?
Arm Wrestling, Bridge, Hovering or Model Aircraft Flying
- Which company won a court case against Haribo, allowing it to continue producing chocolate teddies?
- According to an ONS survey this week, which of these UK cities is least happy?
Leicester, Liverpool, London or Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?
- King Harold won the Battle of Stamford Bridge took place on this day in which year?
- For which newspaper did Superman work?
- Which was formed first: Tesco or Sainsburys?
- In which year did Andrew Flintoff win BBC Sports Personality of the Year?
- Who had a number 1 hit in 1999 with "We're Going to Ibiza"?
- How many carats are in chemically pure gold?
This week's letter: L
- Which decathlon event begins with L?
- Which is the only US state beginning with L?
- Which of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a name beginning with L?
The Bond Names (Names Bond)
- Name the six characters who played James Bond prior to Daniel Craig (half point each).
Country of the week: Spain
- What are the two main colours on Spain's flag?
- Which is the largest Spanish island by area?
- What was the Spanish currency prior to the Euro?
Name the link between the following:
- Which UK phone network used the tagline "The future's bright..." until it became defunct earlier this year?
- What is the surname of the fictional character is portrayed by comedian Leigh Francis, who presents Celebrity Juice?
- Which US company is the world's second largest IT company after Samsung (by revenue)?
- Which Russell T Davies E4 series is a sister series to Channel 4's Cucumber and 4oD's Tofu?