9th October 2015
News & Current Affairs
- What have there been no new cases of this week, for the first time since March 2014?
- Which rail operator has achieved the highest complaint rate for the 11th quarter in a row?
- Which UK broadcaster will be the first to show an e-sports tournament when it shows highlights from the League of Legends World Championship next week?
- Ofcom have suggested it might be a bad idea for which mobile provider to merge with O2?
- Which was the last football club Jurgen Klopp managed prior to signing the deal with Liverpool this week?
- Hoover Dam began transmitting electricity on 9th Oct, in which decade?
Which type of sweets is an anagram of the following?
- Mr Silly Tuxedo
- Proper Sad
- He Trembles On
Country of the week: Belgium
- Which colours appear on the Belgian flag?
- With Europe's third largest port, which is the largest city in Belgium?
- Which are the three official languages of Belgium?
- Which is the world's largest ocean by area?
- With which sport would you associate Audley Harrison?
- Which song contains the lyrics,
"I can't tell you what it really is, I can only tell you what it feels like
And right now there's a steel knife in my windpipe"?
- What is the 2-dimensional equivalent of a tesseract?
- In German, if you asked for, "Die Rechnung, bitte", what would you want?
This week's letter: X
- Which is the only chemical element beginning with an X?
- Which orchestral instrument begins with an X?
- Which Coldplay album begins with an X?
Name the link between the following:
- What name is given to the ratio between a circle's circumference and its diameter?
- Which English brewery measure is equal to half a firkin?
- Which liquid measure is equivalent to one eighth of a gallon?
- What is the nickname for Columbus' ship, which sailed alongside the Santa Maria, and for which the official name is now unknown?