13th November 2015 - knowledge.fail
13th November 2015
News & Current Affairs
- When the Football League is rebranded at the end of the current season, what name will it be given?
- What type of animal could be used as a guard in Indonesia's island prisons?
- What name has been given to the storm which has closed nearly 60 schools in Scotland?
- Which major console will get an update this week allowing backward compatibility with the previous generation?
- What was the problem that caused Fred and Doris Thomson to call Greater Manchester police this week?
- What big birthday (multiple of 10) is Whoopi Goldberg celebrating today?
Name the month in which the following events occur:
- All Hallows' Day
- Vernal (Spring) Equinox
- Groundhog Day
Country of the week: Argentina
- Which are the two main colours on the Argentinian flag?
- What is the capital of Argentina?
- Which Argentinian tennis player beat Roger Federer to win the 2009 US Open?
- Which 1966 game, played on coloured circles, was accused by competitors of being "sex in a box"?
- Which of Disney's seven dwarfs came last alphabetically?
- Which song contains the lyrics,
"Don't know what you're waiting for
Your time is coming don't be late, hey hey"? (song & artist)
- In 2014 (for the seventh year), what was the most popular name for baby boys born in Scotland?
- In 2010, which building smashed the record for the tallest building in London?
This week's letter: W
- Which element is represented by the chemical symbol W?
- Which European capital begins with W?
- Name the London Underground line beginning with W.
Name the link between the following:
- What type of birds are the national birds of Afghanistan, Germany, Philippines, United States and Zambia?
- In the Catholic church, what title is given to someone once they have been canonized?
- What is the common name for the malleus, the small bone that passes vibrations from the eardrum to the anvil?
- Cygnets are the young of which animal?